ambari-user mailing list archives

From Hitesh Shah <hit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: tez failure after upgrade
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 17:43:57 GMT
Hello Brian,

What version of Ambari are you running? I believe there were bugs in earlier versions that
uploaded the wrong version of the Tez tarball to HDFS during an upgrade.

You can check this by comparing the tez tarball on HDFS ( pointed to by tez.lib.uris in tez-site.xml
) to the tez tarball in the respective version of the Tez rpm. This can be easily fixed by
deleting the wrong tarball in HDFS under the the 2.3.2 version dir and replacing it with the
correct one.

This may also impact the MapReduce tarball too but MR jobs do not fail as they don’t have
a compatibility check in place.

thanks
— Hitesh

On Nov 18, 2015, at 8:58 AM, Brian Jeltema <bdjeltema@gmail.com> wrote:

> On completion of a rolling upgrade to HDP 2.3, tez failed it’s service check with:
>
> 15/11/18 11:44:49 INFO client.DAGClientImpl: DAG completed. FinalState=FAILED
> 15/11/18 11:44:49 INFO examples.OrderedWordCount: DAG diagnostics: [Incompatible versions
found, clientVersion=0.7.0.2.3.2.0-2950, AMVersion=0.5.2.2.2.8.0-3150]