ambari-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hurley <jhur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Ambari server start takes too long
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2015 18:58:55 GMT
What this step is doing is loading classes which match an interface and binding them as individual
alert dispatchers in Guice. I haven’t experienced any slowdown starting Ambari server -
usually starts up in about 10 seconds total. Can you provide a jstack dump during your startup
so we can see what the various threads are doing? I’m mainly concerned with the main Ambari
thread that would be initializing this stuff.

> On Nov 16, 2015, at 3:52 AM, Constantine Yarovoy <kyarovoy@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all.
>
> I'm developing my own stack for Ambari and I often need to change master/slave component
code in Python. And I have 2 questions regarding this:

> 1. What is the fastest way to make Ambari understand that stack has changed and to use
updated code ? The only way it works for me now is to restart server (service ambari-server
restart)

> Is it possible to do it any other way without restarting the server ?
>
> 2. Ambari server start procedure really takes too long. I'm using Centos 7 and after
starting the service it takes at about 4-8 minutes for it to actually bind to port 8080 so
that web ui becomes available. Tailing -f ambari-server.log I've notices that the biggest
delay during start is on this step:

> 16 Nov 2015 08:47:13,392  INFO [main] ControllerModule:560 - Binding and registering
notification dispatcher class org.apache.ambari.server.notifications.dispatchers.AlertScriptDispatcher