ambari-user mailing list archives

From Henning Kropp <hkr...@microlution.de>
Subject Re: Ambari commandScript running on ambari server itself
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2015 21:21:38 GMT
Hi,

maybe /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/custom_action_definitions/system_action_definitions.xml
and /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/custom_actions/scripts could work for your purposes?

Regards

 ---- On Mi, 11 Nov 2015 19:27:04 +0100 Constantine Yarovoy &lt;kyarovoy@gmail.com&gt;
wrote ----

Hi!

I am developing my own custom app stack and bunch of services for Ambari (not related to HDP).

And I have a specific requirement - run some code locally on Ambari server right after deployment
process starts but before any service components are installed on chosen hosts.

This "local" code is supposed to do 2 operations:

1) generate some files (e.g. certificates/tokens)

2) that are to be copied/distributed to all master hosts.

Something similar can be found in Ansible and it's named "local-action".

Is there any recommended way to declare such local command script that runs on Ambari Server
itself ? I mean, of course, I have 2 options for desired automation, but they all "suck",
I think:

- I can code it in Ansible or bash and run prior to cluster deployment

- I can code it in inside master commandScript's install function with Execute("generate.sh
&gt; generate.out &amp;&amp; scp generate.out user@master-host-1:/home/user/").

But it'd be much better if Ambari had such functionality and I could have done all operations
from just a single Ambari Web Ui.

Any suggestions ?