ambari-user mailing list archives

From Siddharth Wagle <swa...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: metrics visible from host_component but not component
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2015 18:06:10 GMT
Hi,

There is a field called timelineAppId, example:

common-services/ACCUMULO/1.6.1.2.2.0/metainfo.xml

This will override what Ambari uses in the call to AMS, you can set this to gpfs.

- Sid

________________________________
From: Dmitry Sen <dsen@hortonworks.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2015 9:21 AM
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Re: metrics visible from host_component but not component

Hi,

AMS doesn't support custom services metrics yet, but I can propose some points to check

Try to call
curl -X GET -u admin:admin "http://dn01:6188/ws/v1/timeline/metrics?metricNames=gpfs.disk_used&appId=gpfs"

If you haven't get the metrics, then something to be fixed on AMS side. Otherwise:

When you do
curl -X GET -u admin:admin "http://dn01:8080/api/v1/clusters/nate/services/GPFS/components/GPFS_MASTER?fields=metrics/gpfs/disk_used"

Ambari calls
curl -X GET -u admin:admin "http://dn01:6188/ws/v1/timeline/metrics?metricNames=gpfs.disk_used&appId=gpfs_master"

But as I can see in your previous message, appId is "gpfs".
{"metrics":[{"timestamp":1447084964323,"metricname":"gpfs.disk_used","appid":"gpfs","hostname":"dn01-dat.ibm.com","starttime":1447084964,"metrics":{"1447084964":1437696.0}}]}

Your custom application should report appId as gpfs_master, but not gpfs. Another option is
to rename GPFS_MASTER component to GPFS in metainfo.xml

BR,
Dmytro Sen
​

​​