ambari-user mailing list archives

From Greg Hill <greg.h...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject ambari-server not responsive for several minutes after started
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2015 15:01:01 GMT
Something is goofy with the ambari-server startup process since 2.0. The init script exits
and status says ambari-server is up, but it doesn't respond to API requests for about 2 minutes
afterwards.  Looking at the logs, it looks like it's searching all the JAR files for every
view and loading them.

Can we make it so that the views code is lazy-loaded so the API can be responsive before all
the views are loaded?
Are there other startup time improvements?
Can we make the init script not return until it's actually running?

Greg