ambari-user mailing list archives

From Miroslav Holubec <myr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom Stack - Update/Upgrade questions
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2015 11:02:17 GMT
Dear All,
I found a bit of clarity here
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-7804>. Still some questions
remain unanswered...

I have created my stack by extending HDP 2.3 stack. I've put upgrade xml
there, so upgrade pack was created. Now I'm able to create version under
hidden versions menu:
http://localhost:8080/views/ADMIN_VIEW/2.1.2/INSTANCE/#/stackVersions

Still I'm not able to install it to my cluster as it fails with error 500.
System exception is swallowed in CreateHandler.java, so I don't know why...
All what I've got in system log is: BaseManagementHandler:57 - Caught a
system exception while attempting to create a resource
http://localhost:8080/api/v1/clusters/mycluster/stack_versions/ is empty

Any ideas? How Ambari knows that if I select to install HDP 2.3 stack what
to choose as repository version and assign it into cluster?
Thank you for any answer!

Regards,
Miroslav