ambari-user mailing list archives

From Kaliyug Antagonist <kaliyugantagon...@gmail.com>
Subject Change the tmp directory
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2015 11:21:40 GMT
I am planning to install HDP 2.3 using Ambari 2.1.0.

I have installed Ambari using the root privileges.

In the configurations, I found several places where the path is /tmp/*.

e.g:
hive.exec.scratchdir/tmp/hiveHBase tmp directory/tmp/hbase-${user.name}
dev.zookeeper.path/tmp/dev-storm-zookeeper

I wish to replace the default /tmp path with some custom temp directory(say
'tmp-dont-del')

   1. Which is the recommended directory path for the new tmp ?
   2. Is it fine to create this new temp. directory using root credentials ?