ambari-user mailing list archives

From Vijaya Narayana Reddy Bhoomi Reddy <vijaya.bhoomire...@whishworks.com>
Subject Re: Issue with Ambari Metrics Collector - Distributed mode
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2015 13:26:14 GMT

Siddharth,

Thanks for your response. As ours was a 4 node cluster, I changed it to Embedded mode from
distributed mode and is working fine. However, I am facing another issue with regards to Ambari
agent disk usage alerts. Earlier, I had three alerts for three machines where /usr/hdp is
utilised more than 50%.

Initially when I setup the cluster, I had multiple mount points listed under yarn.nodemanager.local-dirs
and yarn.nodemaneger.log-dirs. /usr/hdp was one amor them Later, I changed these values such
that only one value is present for these (/export/hadoop/yarn/local and /export/hadoop/yarn/log)
and restarted the required components.

However, I am still seeing the Ambari disk usage alert for /usr/hdp. Can you please let me
know how to get rid of these alerts?

Thanks
Vijay

> On 22 Oct 2015, at 19:02, Siddharth Wagle <swagle@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Vijaya,
>
> Please make all of the configs are accurate. (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/AMS+-+distributed+mode)
>
> Can you attach, your ams-site.xml and /etc/ams-hbase/conf/hbase-site.xml ?
>
> - Sid

up HDP 2.3.x using Ambari 2.1.x. Initially when I was setting up the cluster, I was shown
a warning message that the volume / directory for metrics service  is same as the one used
by datanode and hence I was recommended to change it. So I went ahead and pointed it to hdfs,
trying to setting up metrics service in distributed mode.

> However, Ambari Metrics service is not set up properly and it timed out while setting
up the cluster, showing a warning that Ambari Metrics service hasn’t started. I restarted
the Metrics collector service multiple times, but it would stop again in a few seconds.

> On further observation, I realised that in the ams-site.xml file, timeline.metrics.service.operation.mode
was still pointing to “embedded", where as hbase-site.xml had all the required properties
set correctly. So I changed the timeline.metrics.service.operation.mode property to “distributed”
and restarted the required services as recommended by Ambari. However, the restart process
is stuck at 68% and eventually timed out. Its not able to restart the Metrics Collector service.
However, all the metrics monitor services are re-started without any issues.