ambari-user mailing list archives

From Yusaku Sako <yus...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: HA without Kerberos?
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2015 23:19:10 GMT
Stephen,

Ambari lets you set up NameNode HA without Kerberos.
What are the JournalNodes are complaining about?  Can you attach the logs of errors you are
seeing, as well as your core-site and hdfs-site?

Yusaku

From: Stephen Boesch
Date: Thursday, October 22, 2015 at 12:42 PM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>"
Subject: HA without Kerberos?

I was setting up HA NN w/o Kerberos and got pretty far but the JournalNode's are complaining.
It seems they require kerberos: there is no setting to use  "simple" authentication and they
do not respect the hdfs-site.xml setting .

Is there any solution to this?

Otherwise:  why has  fault tolerance been conflated with security?  We can certainly imagine
a cluster requiring fault tolerance that has been air gapped - and thus kerberos would not
be required.

thanks

stephenb