ambari-user mailing list archives

From Dmitry Sen <d...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Stuck in installation after upgrade
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2015 15:48:04 GMT
Hi,

If you haven't finished deployment yet, the best decision is to start deploying the hadoop
cluster from the scratch.

Just execute

ambari-server stop

ambari-server reset

ambari-server start ?

Only Ambari DB will be cleaned up, nodes won't install rpm packages again.

________________________________
From: Kaliyug Antagonist <kaliyugantagonist@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, October 23, 2015 6:40 PM
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Stuck in installation after upgrade

I was trying to install HDP 2.3 using Ambari 2.1.0.

I got several errors like :

resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Execution of 'conf-select set-conf-dir --package
pig --stack-version 2.3.0.0-2557 --conf-version 0' returned 1. pig not installed or incorrect
package name

I found that the latest Ambari version has these issues fixed, hence, I stopped the Ambari
server and agents and I upgraded to Ambari 2.1.2

Now when I log-in the web interface, under 'Clusters', I see my cluster with 'Cluster creation
in progress<http://l1031lab:8080/#/>'

but when I click on 'Cluster creation in progress<http://l1031lab:8080/#/>'I Just get
'Metrics', 'Heatmaps' and 'Cnfig History' tabs.

How do I proceed with the installation ? Do I have to clean the cluster again ???