ambari-user mailing list archives

From Siddharth Wagle <swa...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Warning from Ehcache in ambari-server log, and a socket error
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2015 19:43:53 GMT
Hi Eirik,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Unless there is a problem with Out of Memory error on
ambari server caused due to Ehcache giving up on calculating true size of the in-memory cache,
the following error is harmless.

I have created a Jira, AMBARI-13411, to address this problem in the next minor version release.
Please feel free to comment on the Jira.

- Sid
From: Eirik Thorsnes <eirik.thorsnes@uni.no>
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2015 8:28 AM
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Warning from Ehcache in ambari-server log, and a socket error

Hi,

I get a lot of the following warning messages in the ambari-server logs:

WARN [qtp-client-60803] ObjectGraphWalker:209 - The configured limit of
1,000 object references was reached while attempting to calculate the
size of the object graph. Severe performance degradation could occur if
the sizing operation continues. This can be avoided by setting the
CacheManger or Cache <sizeOfPolicy> elements maxDepthExceededBehavior to
"abort" or adding stop points with @IgnoreSizeOf annotations. If
performance degradation is NOT an issue at the configured limit, raise
the limit value using the CacheManager or Cache <sizeOfPolicy> elements
maxDepth attribute. For more information, see the Ehcache configuration
documentation.

ERROR [qtp-client-24] MetricsRequestHelper:87 - Error getting timeline
metrics. Can not connect to collector, socket error.

Any pointers on what I can do to fix this issue?

The error above looks to be related to some of the metric graphs showing
"no data available", though it is not the same graphs that shows this
each time. Perhaps it is a limit on the number of connections to the
Metrics collector?

Ambari version is 2.1.2, java 1.8 u60, linux x86_64.

Regards,
Eirik

--
Eirik Thorsnes