ambari-user mailing list archives

From h..@uni.de
Subject Re: Oracle DB privileges
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2015 07:44:36 GMT
Hey,

I'm upgrading from Ambari 2.0 to 2.1. There are no custom/modified
stacks in use.

The "stack" table looks like this:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13919777/stack.gif

Clusters:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13919777/cluster.gif

<mpapyrkovskyy@hortonworks.com>:
> Hello, can you post some additional info, like which version are you upgrading from and
to?
> It looks like something went wrong and you have no data in "stack" table which had to
be filled.
> Did you use custom/modified stacks?
> Can you share content of "clusters" and "stack" tables?

we had some trouble with the following
> errors:
>
> At first:
> 18 Sep 2015 15:13:39,913 ERROR [main] DBAccessorImpl:697 - Error executing query: ALTER
TABLE hosts ADD CONSTRAINT UQ_hosts_host_name UNIQUE (host_name)
> java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-02261: such unique or primary key already exists
in the table

>> We were able to solve this by removing the unique attribute manually.
>
> Afterwards:
> 18 Sep 2015 15:14:12,973 ERROR [main] DBAccessorImpl:697 - Error executing query: ALTER
TABLE repo_version DROP COLUMN stack
> java.sql.SQLException: ORA-12991: column is referenced in a multi-column constraint
>
>> We were able to solve this by removing the constraints manually.
>
> The upgrade went through a few more steps after solving this issue, but stopped with
a NPE (which I don't know how to fix):

> 18 Sep 2015 15:35:26,601  INFO [main]
> AmbariManagementControllerImpl:286 - Initializing the AmbariManagementControllerImpl
> 18 Sep 2015 15:35:26,660 ERROR [main] SchemaUpgradeHelper:222 - Upgrade failed.
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at org.apache.ambari.server.state.StackId.<init>(StackId.java:54)
> at org.apache.ambari.server.state.cluster.ClusterImpl.<init>(ClusterImpl.java:268)
> at org.apache.ambari.server.state.cluster.ClusterImpl$$EnhancerByGuice$$4f8773ad.<init>(<generated>)
> at org.apache.ambari.server.state.cluster.ClusterImpl$$EnhancerByGuice$$4f8773ad$$FastClassByGuice$$7964699e.newInstance(<generated>)
> at com.google.inject.internal.cglib.reflect.$FastConstructor.newInstance(FastConstructor.java:40)
> at com.google.inject.internal.ProxyFactory$ProxyConstructor.newInstance(ProxyFactory.java:260)
> at com.google.inject.internal.ConstructorInjector.construct(ConstructorInjector.java:85)
> at com.google.inject.internal.ConstructorBindingImpl$Factory.get(ConstructorBindingImpl.java:254)
> at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl$4$1.call(InjectorImpl.java:978)
> at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.callInContext(InjectorImpl.java:1024)
> at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl$4.get(InjectorImpl.java:974)
> at com.google.inject.assistedinject.FactoryProvider2.invoke(FactoryProvider2.java:632)
> at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy10.create(Unknown Source) at org.apache.ambari.server.state.cluster.ClustersImpl.loadClustersAndHosts(ClustersImpl.java:180)
> at org.apache.ambari.server.state.cluster.ClustersImpl.checkLoaded(ClustersImpl.java:168)
> at org.apache.ambari.server.state.cluster.ClustersImpl.getClusters(ClustersImpl.java:594)
> at org.apache.ambari.server.upgrade.AbstractUpgradeCatalog.addNewConfigurationsFromXml(AbstractUpgradeCatalog.java:266)
> at org.apache.ambari.server.upgrade.UpgradeCatalog210.executeDMLUpdates(UpgradeCatalog210.java:994)
> at org.apache.ambari.server.upgrade.AbstractUpgradeCatalog.upgradeData(AbstractUpgradeCatalog.java:536)
> at org.apache.ambari.server.upgrade.SchemaUpgradeHelper.executeDMLUpdates(SchemaUpgradeHelper.java:220)
> at org.apache.ambari.server.upgrade.SchemaUpgradeHelper.main(SchemaUpgradeHelper.java:297)
>

> We see some WARNs for multiple columns in the logs beforehand.. but I have no idea if
this is connected:

> 18 Sep 2015 15:35:21,760  WARN [main] DBAccessorImpl:700 - Error executing query: ALTER
TABLE repo_version ADD CONSTRAINT fk_repoversion_stack_id FOREIGN KEY (stack_id) REFERENCES
stack (stack_id), errorCode = 2298, message = ORA-02298: cannot validate