ambari-user mailing list archives

From h..@uni.de
Subject Re: Oracle DB privileges
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2015 20:25:53 GMT
Hi Myroslav,

any recommendations? Should I re-run ambari setup?

> Hey,
>
> I'm upgrading from Ambari 2.0 to 2.1. There are no custom/modified
> stacks in use.
>
> The "stack" table looks like this:
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13919777/stack.gif
>
> Clusters:
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13919777/cluster.gif

> <mpapyrkovskyy@hortonworks.com>:
>> Hello, can you post some additional info, like which version are you upgrading from
and to?
>> It looks like something went wrong and you have no data in "stack" table which had
to be filled.
>> Did you use custom/modified stacks?
>> Can you share content of "clusters" and "stack" tables?

we had some trouble with the following
>> errors:
>>
>> At first:
>> 18 Sep 2015 15:13:39,913 ERROR [main] DBAccessorImpl:697 - Error executing query:
ALTER TABLE hosts ADD CONSTRAINT UQ_hosts_host_name UNIQUE (host_name)
>> java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-02261: such unique or primary key already exists
in the table

>>> We were able to solve this by removing the unique attribute manually.
>>
>> Afterwards:
>> 18 Sep 2015 15:14:12,973 ERROR [main] DBAccessorImpl:697 - Error executing query:
ALTER TABLE repo_version DROP COLUMN stack
>> java.sql.SQLException: ORA-12991: column is referenced in a multi-column constraint
>>
>>> We were able to solve this by removing the constraints manually.
>>
>> The upgrade went through a few more steps after solving this issue, but stopped with
a NPE (which I don't know how to fix):

>> 18 Sep 2015 15:35:26,601  INFO [main]
>> AmbariManagementControllerImpl:286 - Initializing the AmbariManagementControllerImpl
>> 18 Sep 2015 15:35:26,660 ERROR [main] SchemaUpgradeHelper:222 - Upgrade failed.
>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>> at org.apache.ambari.server.state.StackId.<init>(StackId.java:54)
>> at org.apache.ambari.server.state.cluster.ClusterImpl.<init>(ClusterImpl.java:268)
>> at org.apache.ambari.server.state.cluster.ClusterImpl$$EnhancerByGuice$$4f8773ad.<init>(<generated>)
>> at org.apache.ambari.server.state.cluster.ClusterImpl$$EnhancerByGuice$$4f8773ad$$FastClassByGuice$$7964699e.newInstance(<generated>)
>> at com.google.inject.internal.cglib.reflect.$FastConstructor.newInstance(FastConstructor.java:40)
>> at com.google.inject.internal.ProxyFactory$ProxyConstructor.newInstance(ProxyFactory.java:260)
>> at com.google.inject.internal.ConstructorInjector.construct(ConstructorInjector.java:85)
>> at com.google.inject.internal.ConstructorBindingImpl$Factory.get(ConstructorBindingImpl.java:254)
>> at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl$4$1.call(InjectorImpl.java:978)
>> at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.callInContext(InjectorImpl.java:1024)
>> at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl$4.get(InjectorImpl.java:974)
>> at com.google.inject.assistedinject.FactoryProvider2.invoke(FactoryProvider2.java:632)
>> at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy10.create(Unknown Source) at org.apache.ambari.server.state.cluster.ClustersImpl.loadClustersAndHosts(ClustersImpl.java:180)
>> at org.apache.ambari.server.state.cluster.ClustersImpl.checkLoaded(ClustersImpl.java:168)
>> at org.apache.ambari.server.state.cluster.ClustersImpl.getClusters(ClustersImpl.java:594)
>> at org.apache.ambari.server.upgrade.AbstractUpgradeCatalog.addNewConfigurationsFromXml(AbstractUpgradeCatalog.java:266)
>> at org.apache.ambari.server.upgrade.UpgradeCatalog210.executeDMLUpdates(UpgradeCatalog210.java:994)
>> at org.apache.ambari.server.upgrade.AbstractUpgradeCatalog.upgradeData(AbstractUpgradeCatalog.java:536)
>> at org.apache.ambari.server.upgrade.SchemaUpgradeHelper.executeDMLUpdates(SchemaUpgradeHelper.java:220)
>> at org.apache.ambari.server.upgrade.SchemaUpgradeHelper.main(SchemaUpgradeHelper.java:297)
>>

>> We see some WARNs for multiple columns in the logs beforehand.. but I have no idea
if this is connected:

>> 18 Sep 2015 15:35:21,760  WARN [main] DBAccessorImpl:700 - Error executing query:
ALTER TABLE repo_version ADD CONSTRAINT fk_repoversion_stack_id FOREIGN KEY (stack_id) REFERENCES
stack (stack_id), errorCode = 2298, message = ORA-02298: cannot validate