ambari-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Robertson <andyrobertson...@gmail.com>
Subject Ambari metrics collector CPU usage
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2015 05:35:09 GMT
How much CPU is the ambari metrics collector expected to use (Ambari 2.1.1)?

In my production cluster with 12 machines the ams hbase master process
has averaged 82% of a cpu core (sandybridge), based on total cpu usage
in seconds over the past 2 weeks. A test cluster with 4 machines has
also been behaving the same way with very high cpu on the ams hbase
master java process. I'm not sure if this is the new normal for
metrics (versus the negligible overhead with gmon/gmetad) or if
there's something wrong somewhere in either ams, hbase, or in the
(default) config.

Are others seeing high CPU here as well?

Is there something I should look at to see what it may be doing, or
are there suggestions for reducing the cpu usage? Or is this a known
issue? I looked through the open issues and didn't see anything
obvious that was tracking this.

Thank you!