ambari-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Robertson <andyrobertson...@gmail.com>
Subject Ambari not adding hosts with a manual kerberized deployment
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2015 15:23:10 GMT
Hey -

I recently added a manually-administered kerberos service to Ambari.
This is where nodes are all kerberized, but Ambari doesn't administer
the kerberos server (had to download the csv & create the keytabs
myself). This is ambari 2.1.1.

I'm now trying to add a new host to the cluster using the "Ambari
add-host" wizard.

Ambari gets through to the "review" step (step5), but when trying to
move forward to "Deploy" it fails.

A browser console trace shows that it tries to fetch:
https://{ambari
server}/api/v1/clusters/{cluster}/services/KERBEROS?fields=Services/attributes/kdc_validation_result,Services/attributes/kdc_validation_failure_details&_=1441379573009

and gets a 404 back.  (This 404 seems correct to me as there is no
"kerberos" service administered by Ambari.  However, it doesn't appear
Ambari's add-host wizard understands this).

Is this a known issue, or am I doing something incorrect somewhere?  I
looked through the opened JIRAs and didn't see anything for this.

Thanks!