ambari-user mailing list archives

From Darwin Wirawan <coool...@gmail.com>
Subject Couldn't change value of kafka.metrics.reporters
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2015 08:20:50 GMT
Hello Ambari Team,

I'm using ambari 2.0,  and now I'm trying to configure Kafka so she could
send metric via kafka-graphite. I'm new to monitoring or metrics thing, I
tried to figure out what is metrics.reporter?

And also, why I can't change kafka.metrics.reporters in my kafka
configuration? I changed it via ambari but when I check kafka.properties,
the value still in default
(org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.sink.kafka.KafkaTimelineMetricsReporter).

Is there any way so I can change my kafka.metrics.reporters?

Another question, I found my kafka has some metrics, I guess my Ambari
Metrics is running OK. Can I pass that metrics to graphite? Or somehow
change the destination to my graphite server?

Thanks,
Darwin