ambari-user mailing list archives

From girish hilage <girish_hil...@yahoo.com>
Subject Need help with issue in Ranger installation on HDP
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2015 19:21:39 GMT
Hi,
I was trying to install Ranger through Ambari(2.0) on HDP(2.2) cluster.However, after Ranger
configuration was complete, when I clicked on “Deploy” button, the Ambari UI got stuck
showing the progress bar.
So, I restarted the ambari-server and logged in to Ambari UI.It showed “Ranger” service
in the list of installed services in the left pane but it was not running. I tried to start
it on UI but nothing happened.I thought of un-installing Ranger but the “edge node” on
which I had installed it does not show “Ranger” in its set of installed services. Now,
the situation is :-          Neither can I use the currently installed Ranger-
Nor can I un-install and re-install it. So, just wanted to know if it is an issue with Ambari(2.0)?And
if there is any other workaround for this.It is possible to :-  edit Ambari settings from
command line?- or install new Ambari version without affecting the current cluster setup? Regards,Girish