ambari-user mailing list archives

From Dmitry Sen <d...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Removing hard-coded configuration keys for services
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2015 15:15:01 GMT
Another option is using configs.sh script

# /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/configs.sh
Usage: configs.sh [-u userId] [-p password] [-port port] [-s] <ACTION> <AMBARI_HOST>
<CLUSTER_NAME> <CONFIG_TYPE> [CONFIG_FILENAME | CONFIG_KEY [CONFIG_VALUE]]

       [-u userId]: Optional user ID to use for authentication. Default is 'admin'.
       [-p password]: Optional password to use for authentication. Default is 'admin'.
       [-port port]: Optional port number for Ambari server. Default is '8080'. Provide empty
string to not use port.
       [-s]: Optional support of SSL. Default is 'false'. Provide empty string to not use
SSL.
       <ACTION>: One of 'get', 'set', 'delete'. 'Set' adds/updates as necessary.
       <AMBARI_HOST>: Server external host name
       <CLUSTER_NAME>: Name given to cluster. Ex: 'c1'
       <CONFIG_TYPE>: One of the various configuration types in Ambari. Ex:global, core-site,
hdfs-site, mapred-queue-acls, etc.
       [CONFIG_FILENAME]: File where entire configurations are saved to, or read from. Only
applicable to 'get' and 'set' actions
       [CONFIG_KEY]: Key that has to be set or deleted. Not necessary for 'get' action.
       [CONFIG_VALUE]: Optional value to be set. Not necessary for 'get' or 'delete' actions.

Something like
configs.sh delete localhost myclustername config-name spark.yarn.applicationMaster.waitTries?

?