ambari-user mailing list archives

From Dmitry Sen <d...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Couldn't change value of kafka.metrics.reporters
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2015 16:25:00 GMT

From: Alejandro Fernandez <afernandez@hortonworks.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2015 6:32 PM
To: user@ambari.apache.org; Sriharsha Chintalapani; coooldrw@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Couldn't change value of kafka.metrics.reporters

From: Alejandro Fernandez <afernandez@hortonworks.com<mailto:afernandez@hortonworks.com>>
Date: Wednesday, September 23, 2015 at 8:32 AM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>,
Sriharsha Chintalapani <schintalapani@hortonworks.com<mailto:schintalapani@hortonworks.com>>

cc Sriharsha

From: Darwin Wirawan <coooldrw@gmail.com<mailto:coooldrw@gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, September 23, 2015 at 1:20 AM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>

Hello Ambari Team,

I'm using ambari 2.0,  and now I'm trying to configure Kafka so she could send metric via
kafka-graphite. I'm new to monitoring or metrics thing, I tried to figure out what is metrics.reporter?

And also, why I can't change kafka.metrics.reporters in my kafka configuration? I changed
it via ambari but when I check kafka.properties, the value still in default (org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.sink.kafka.KafkaTimelineMetricsReporter).

Is there any way so I can change my kafka.metrics.reporters?

Another question, I found my kafka has some metrics, I guess my Ambari Metrics is running
OK. Can I pass that metrics to graphite? Or somehow change the destination to my graphite
server?

Thanks,
Darwin