ambari-user mailing list archives

From Srimanth Gunturi <sgunt...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Tez view questions
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2015 21:16:25 GMT
Hi Greg,

Can you please verify that "hive.execution.engine" in hive-site.xml is set to 'tez' ?

Regards,

Srimanth

________________________________
From: Greg Hill <greg.hill@RACKSPACE.COM>
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 7:33 AM
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Tez view questions

So with the 2.1.1 release, I can now enable the Tez view on my clusters, but it doesn't seem
to show anything.  Similarly, the Tez tab on the Hive view doesn't show anything.  It should
show any Pig or Hive jobs that were run previously, right?  I verified that the job history
page has the jobs.  What might I be missing?

The release docs mention needing Kerberos for the Tez view, but we aren't using Kerberos for
any of the services on the cluster yet.  Is there something with the view itself that requires
Kerberos?

Any pointers are appreciated.  This is the last roadblock to us offering the views to our
customers.

Greg