ambari-user mailing list archives

From Alejandro Fernandez <afernan...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Ambari 2.1 Upgrade Issue
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2015 17:26:02 GMT
Can you run the following,

On all hosts,
"hdp-select status", the only versions returned should be 2.3.0.0-2557 or None. Are any on
a different version?

Then, run these queries in the DB.
select repo_version_id, version from repo_version;

select rv.repo_version_id, rv.version, cv.state from cluster_version cv join repo_version
rv on cv.repo_version_id = rv.repo_version_id;

select h.host_name, rv.version,  rv.state from host_version hv join hosts h on hv.host_id
= h.host_id join repo_version rv on hv.repo_version_id = rv.repo_version_id order by h.host_name,
rv.version;

-- can ignore ZKFC, Ambari Metrics, MySQL, and Kerberos in this next query
select h.host_name, hcs.service_name, hcs.component_name, hcs.version from hostcomponentstate
hcs join hosts h on hcs.host_id = h.host_id where hcs.version not in ('2.3.0.0-2557', 'UNKNOWN')
order by hcs.service_name, hcs.component_name, h.host_name;

Thanks,
Alejandro

From: Shaik M <munna.hadoop@gmail.com<mailto:munna.hadoop@gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 at 9:21 AM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: Ambari 2.1 Upgrade Issue

Ambari Team,

I am doing upgrade from Ambari 1.7 to 2.1 with HDP2.3.

I have finished upgrade procedure and I did finalized upgrade and the status showing 100%.

But, when I verified in "Stack and Version" tab, still it showing "Upgrade in-process" . I
have attached screenshot for your reference.

All service are up and running. Amabri allowing operational changes as well. I have verified
all stack versions in cli, it showing 2.3.(attache Ambari Stack page)

Could you please help us how to complete the process.

Regards,
Shaik M