ambari-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Sposetti <j...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: where are scripts stored?
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2015 12:12:20 GMT
Hi, are you referring to the Pig View and the pig Scripts? The scripts will be stored at the
HDFS directory specified as part of your view configuration. I believe it defaults to "/user/${username}/pig/scripts"
where ${username} will be replaced by the current user context accessing the view.

FWIW, you can checkout the Pig view code here:

https://github.com/apache/ambari/tree/trunk/contrib/views/pig

And some additional View info in the Ambari Views guide:

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.1.0.0/bk_ambari_views_guide/content/ch_using_pig_view.html

From: Adaryl Wakefield <adaryl.wakefield@hotmail.com<mailto:adaryl.wakefield@hotmail.com>>
Date: Monday, August 3, 2015 at 10:32 PM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: where are scripts stored?

I'm working through some Pig tutorials and I tried to use Ambari to write the scripts. Thing
is, when I saved the script, I couldn't find where on disk it was actually stored. Because
of that I had no idea how to give it the path to the file I was trying to process. In what
directory are scripts stored when created with Ambari?

B.