ambari-user mailing list archives

From Loïc Chanel <loic.cha...@telecomnancy.net>
Subject Ambari upgrade
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2015 15:02:19 GMT
Hi all,

As I was reading the documentation for upgrading to HDP 2.3 and Ambari 2.1,
I noticed this sentence :
"Important : Ambari 2.1 does *not* support directly upgrading from HDP 2.0
or HDP 2.1 to HDP 2.3. In order to upgrade from HDP 2.0 or HDP 2.1, *you
must first upgrade to HDP 2.2 using either Ambari 1.7 or 2.0*. Once
completed, upgrade your current Ambari to Ambari 2.1. Then, leverage Ambari
2.1 to complete the upgrade from HDP 2.2 to HDP 2.3."

But in this exact same documentation, there is a whole paragraph dedicated
to the upgrade from HDP 2.1 to HDP 2.3.

Can someone please explain what I should understand ?
Because I have to upgrade a HDP 2.1 & Ambari 1.7 to HDP 2.3 & Ambari 2.1,
and I would like to know the surest way to do it.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Regards,

Loïc

Loïc CHANEL