ambari-user mailing list archives

From Konrad Hübner <konrad.hueb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue with deploying Cluster through Ambari Agent behind proxy
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2015 07:32:03 GMT
Hi,

setting up a proxy on all agents had been done before and did not help.
What I finally figured out was that by manipulating the ambari-sudo.sh
script on each agent to export the proxy environment variables before
actually executing the commands helped. I have not gone into further
analysis, but it seems that the script kills the users environment
variables, at least those on /etc/environment. Maybe that is worth a
ticket. Will see if I can figure out in more detail what's going wrong.

Best
-Konrad

> Hi,
>

> There are 2 options
>
> 1. Setup apt to use proxy on all agents (not sure if it works is your
> local DNS doesn't resolve public hostnames)
>
> echo 'Acquire::http::Proxy "http://<proxy_host>:<proxy_port>/";' >>
> /etc/apt/apt.conf
>
> 2. Create a local copy of repositories, required for installing Hadoop
> Stack
>

> http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.1.0.0/bk_Installing_HDP_AMB/content/_using_a_local_repository.html

--allow-unauthenticated --assume-yes install unzip')
> 2015-08-20 06:53:13,514 - Execution of '['/usr/bin/apt-get', '-q', '-o', 'Dpkg::Options::=--force-confdef',
'--allow-unauthenticated', '--assume-yes', 'install', 'unzip']' returned 100. Reading package
lists...