ambari-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Shaik M <munna.had...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ambari 2.1 Upgrade Issue
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2015 02:47:55 GMT
output of the query:

ambari=> select repo_version_id, display_name, version from repo_version;
 repo_version_id |   display_name   |   version
-----------------+------------------+--------------
               1 | HDP-2.2.0.0-2041 | 2.2.0.0-2041
               2 | HDP-2.2.6.0-2800 | 2.2.6.0-2800
               3 | HDP-2.3.0.0      | 2.3.0.0-2557
(3 rows)


On 27 August 2015 at 10:44, Alejandro Fernandez <afernandez@hortonworks.com>
wrote:

> What do you get after running,
>
> select repo_version_id, display_name, version from repo_version;
>
> From: Shaik M <munna.hadoop@gmail.com>
> Date: Wednesday, August 26, 2015 at 7:35 PM
> To: Alejandro Fernandez <afernandez@hortonworks.com>, "
> user@ambari.apache.org" <user@ambari.apache.org>
>
> Subject: Re: Ambari 2.1 Upgrade Issue
>
> Hi Alejandro,
>
> same output i am getting after changing the argument:
>
> [root@sv2lxdpdsedi01 gse]# ambari-server set-current
> --cluster-name=bdp_hdp_lab_cluster --version-display-name=2.3.0.0
> Using python  /usr/bin/python2.6
> Setting current version...
> Enter Ambari Admin login: admin
> Enter Ambari Admin password:
> ERROR: Exiting with exit code 1.
> REASON: Error during setting current version. Http status code - 400.
>  {
>   "status" : 400,
>   "message" : "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Repository version with
> display name 2.3.0.0 does not exist"
> }
>
> Regards,
> Shaik
>
>
> On 27 August 2015 at 10:14, Alejandro Fernandez <
> afernandez@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>> Try this one
>>
>>  ambari-server set-current --cluster-name=bdp_hdp_lab_cluster
>> --version-display-name=*2.3.0.0*
>>
>>
>> From: Shaik M <munna.hadoop@gmail.com>
>> Date: Wednesday, August 26, 2015 at 5:15 PM
>>
>> To: Alejandro Fernandez <afernandez@hortonworks.com>
>> Subject: Re: Ambari 2.1 Upgrade Issue
>>
>> Hi Alejandro,
>>
>> I have ran the finalize step, but it show 100%. after that i didn't get
>> any confirmation window.
>>
>> Please find the attached queries output.
>>
>> [root@sv2lxdpdsedi01 gse]# ambari-server set-current
>> --cluster-name=bdp_hdp_lab_cluster --version-display-name=2.3.0.0-2557
>> Using python  /usr/bin/python2.6
>> Setting current version...
>> Enter Ambari Admin login: admin
>> Enter Ambari Admin password:
>> ERROR: Exiting with exit code 1.
>> REASON: Error during setting current version. Http status code - 400.
>>  {
>>   "status" : 400,
>>   "message" : "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Repository version
>> with display name 2.3.0.0-2557 does not exist"
>> }
>>
>> Regards,
>> Shaik
>>
>> On 27 August 2015 at 03:54, Alejandro Fernandez <
>> afernandez@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Shaik,
>>>
>>> Try this,
>>>
>>> select h.host_name, rv.version,  hv.state from host_version hv join
>>> hosts h on hv.host_id = h.host_id join repo_version rv on
>>> hv.repo_version_id = rv.repo_version_id order by h.host_name, rv.version;
>>>
>>> Did your RU ever run the Finalize step to save the DB state?
>>> You can check this by running, and looking at the last 3 rows.
>>>
>>> In Postgres,
>>>
>>> SELECT hrc.request_id, u.upgrade_id, u.direction, SUBSTR(g.group_title,
>>> 0, 40), SUBSTR(i.item_text, 0, 80), SUBSTR(hrc.status, 0, 40),
>>> hrc.custom_command_name
>>>
>>> FROM upgrade_group AS g JOIN upgrade AS u ON g.upgrade_id = u.upgrade_id
>>>
>>>
>>> JOIN upgrade_item AS i ON i.upgrade_group_id = g.upgrade_group_id
>>>
>>> JOIN host_role_command AS hrc ON hrc.stage_id = i.stage_id AND
>>> hrc.request_id = u.request_id
>>>
>>> ORDER BY u.upgrade_id, g.upgrade_group_id, i.stage_id;
>>>
>>> In MySQL,
>>>
>>> SELECT hrc.request_id, u.upgrade_id, u.direction, LEFT(g.group_title,
>>> 40), LEFT(i.item_text, 80), LEFT(hrc.status, 40),
>>> hrc.custom_command_name
>>>
>>> FROM upgrade_group AS g JOIN upgrade AS u ON g.upgrade_id = u.upgrade_id
>>>
>>>
>>> JOIN upgrade_item AS i ON i.upgrade_group_id = g.upgrade_group_id
>>>
>>> JOIN host_role_command AS hrc ON hrc.stage_id = i.stage_id AND
>>> hrc.request_id = u.request_id
>>>
>>> ORDER BY u.upgrade_id, g.upgrade_group_id, i.stage_id;
>>>
>>> If they did not run, try this,
>>>
>>> ambari-server set-current --cluster-name=$CLUSTERNAME --version-display-name=$VERSION_NAME
>>>
>>>
>>> Note that $VERSION_NAME can be 2.3.0.0 or 2.3.0.0-2557
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Alejandro
>>>
>>> From: Shaik M <munna.hadoop@gmail.com>
>>> Date: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 at 8:55 PM
>>> To: Alejandro Fernandez <afernandez@hortonworks.com>
>>> Subject: Re: Ambari 2.1 Upgrade Issue
>>>
>>> Hi Alejandro,
>>>
>>>
>>> Thank you for helping us to resolving the issue.
>>>
>>>
>>> As you suggested, I have  ran the command/quires on our upgraded
>>> cluster. please check the below for output.
>>>
>>>
>>> On all hosts,
>>>
>>> "hdp-select status", the only versions returned should be 2.3.0.0-2557
>>> or None. Are any on a different version?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> *It Showing versions are – “2.3.0.0-2557”*
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Then, run these queries in the DB.
>>>
>>> select repo_version_id, version from repo_version;
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ambari=> select repo_version_id, version from repo_version;
>>>
>>>  repo_version_id |   version
>>>
>>> -----------------+--------------
>>>
>>>                1 | 2.2.0.0-2041
>>>
>>>                2 | 2.2.6.0-2800
>>>
>>>                3 | 2.3.0.0-2557
>>>
>>> (3 rows)
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> select rv.repo_version_id, rv.version, cv.state from cluster_version cv
>>> join repo_version rv on cv.repo_version_id = rv.repo_version_id;
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> repo_version_id |   version    |  state
>>>
>>> -----------------+--------------+----------
>>>
>>>                1 | 2.2.0.0-2041 | CURRENT
>>>
>>>                3 | 2.3.0.0-2557 | UPGRADED
>>>
>>> (2 rows)
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> select h.host_name, rv.version,  rv.state from host_version hv join
>>> hosts h on hv.host_id = h.host_id join repo_version rv on
>>> hv.repo_version_id = rv.repo_version_id order by h.host_name, rv.version;
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> There is no Column *“State”* in  *repo_version* rv table.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> -- can ignore ZKFC, Ambari Metrics, MySQL, and Kerberos in this next
>>> query
>>>
>>> select h.host_name, hcs.service_name, hcs.component_name, hcs.version
>>> from hostcomponentstate hcs join hosts h on hcs.host_id = h.host_id where
>>> hcs.version not in ('2.3.0.0-2557', 'UNKNOWN') order by hcs.service_name,
>>> hcs.component_name, h.host_name;
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> host_name | service_name | component_name | version
>>>
>>> -----------+--------------+----------------+---------
>>>
>>> (0 rows)
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> kindly let me know how can i proceed further.
>>>
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Shaik M
>>>
>>> On 26 August 2015 at 01:26, Alejandro Fernandez <
>>> afernandez@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Can you run the following,
>>>>
>>>> On all hosts,
>>>> "hdp-select status", the only versions returned should be 2.3.0.0-2557
>>>> or None. Are any on a different version?
>>>>
>>>> Then, run these queries in the DB.
>>>> select repo_version_id, version from repo_version;
>>>>
>>>> select rv.repo_version_id, rv.version, cv.state from cluster_version cv
>>>> join repo_version rv on cv.repo_version_id = rv.repo_version_id;
>>>>
>>>> select h.host_name, rv.version,  rv.state from host_version hv join
>>>> hosts h on hv.host_id = h.host_id join repo_version rv on
>>>> hv.repo_version_id = rv.repo_version_id order by h.host_name, rv.version;
>>>>
>>>> -- can ignore ZKFC, Ambari Metrics, MySQL, and Kerberos in this next
>>>> query
>>>> select h.host_name, hcs.service_name, hcs.component_name, hcs.version
>>>> from hostcomponentstate hcs join hosts h on hcs.host_id = h.host_id where
>>>> hcs.version not in ('2.3.0.0-2557', 'UNKNOWN') order by hcs.service_name,
>>>> hcs.component_name, h.host_name;
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> Alejandro
>>>>
>>>> From: Shaik M <munna.hadoop@gmail.com>
>>>> Reply-To: "user@ambari.apache.org" <user@ambari.apache.org>
>>>> Date: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 at 9:21 AM
>>>> To: "user@ambari.apache.org" <user@ambari.apache.org>
>>>> Subject: Ambari 2.1 Upgrade Issue
>>>>
>>>> Ambari Team,
>>>>
>>>> I am doing upgrade from Ambari 1.7 to 2.1 with HDP2.3.
>>>>
>>>> I have finished upgrade procedure and I did finalized upgrade and the
>>>> status showing 100%.
>>>>
>>>> But, when I verified in "Stack and Version" tab, still it showing *"Upgrade
>>>> in-process"* . I have attached screenshot for your reference.
>>>>
>>>> All service are up and running. Amabri allowing operational changes as
>>>> well. I have verified all stack versions in cli, it showing 2.3.(attache
>>>> Ambari Stack page)
>>>>
>>>> Could you please help us how to complete the process.
>>>>
>>>> Regards,
>>>> Shaik M
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>

Mime
View raw message