ambari-user mailing list archives

From Ian Soboroff <ian.sobor...@nist.gov>
Subject Re: Ambari 2.1.0 on HDP 2.3 problem deploying HDFS
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2015 13:22:53 GMT
That's cute, its the df(1) of all my mounts on all my nodes.  On the machine I'm trying to
set as the namenode, there are 17 mounts, some local, some NFS, and yes, some of those NFS
mountpoints are /home/foo.

There are also lots of filesystems, local ones even, empty ones waiting for grate gob's o
HDFS metadata, that don't start with /home.

Can I override its recommendation somehow?  Or is this the point where we just go get the
tarballs and do stuff by hand?

(Just as an aside, I don't really care about using Ambari to deploy the cluster.  I want the
monitoring tools.  But unfortunately it doesn't seem that Ambari can monitor a cluster that
it didn't deploy.)

On Jul 31, 2015, at 4:29 PM, Yusaku Sako <yusaku@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> It seems like this is happening because the default directory recommendations given contains
/home as a mount point.
> What is the output of:
>
> GET /api/v1/clusters/<cluster-name>/hosts?fields=Hosts/disk_info/*
>
> Yusaku
>
> From: Ian Soboroff
> Date: Friday, July 31, 2015 at 1:21 PM
> To: "user@ambari.apache.org"
> Subject: Re: Ambari 2.1.0 on HDP 2.3 problem deploying HDFS
>
> I got frustrated enough that I cleared everything down to a naked Postgres install, and
put everything back step-by-step.  I still get this error.  I repeat, I haven't given any
values to the NameNode directories config, because I don't get an opportunity to do.

> Reloading the page or going Back then Next do not solve the problem for me.
>
> Ian
>
> On Jul 31, 2015, at 2:44 PM, Srimanth Gunturi <sgunturi@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ian,
>> I was able to reproduce issue by jumping between other service configs *after* setting
the value to "/home/foo".
>> I have opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-12612‚Äč to fix this issue.
>>
>> The workaround is to either hit Back followed by Next. OR just refresh the page to
get back the original config value.
>> Regards,
>> Srimanth

Javascript exceptions?

>> I have just attempted to reproduce the issue by adding HDFS service, but do not see
the issue (screenshot attached).
>> If you are not entering any /home value, and Ambari is not providing it by default,
I am trying to figure out where it is coming from.

>> <Screen Shot 2015-07-31 at 10.57.13 AM.png>
>>

>> What output do you see when you go to following URL in browser?
>> http://[ambari-server]:8080/api/v1/clusters/[cluster-name]/configurations?type=hdfs-site
>> - Replace [ambari-server] with your Ambari server hostname
>> - Replace [cluster-name] with your cluster ID
>> - Make sure you are logged in
>> Regards,
>> Srimanth

have you tried it in other browsers?
>>> Regards,
>>> Srimanth
>>>
>>> <Screen Shot 2015-07-31 at 10.27.30 AM.png>

to deploy, and so far have only installed Zookeeper and Ambari-metrics.

>>> When I go to install HDFS, I get to service customization, and it won't let me
set a NameNode directory.  I've attached a screenshot.  When I hover the mouse over the 'NameNode
directories' alert, the mouseover text says "Can't start with home(s)".  At this point there
is no way to proceed with the installation.