ambari-user mailing list archives

From Dmitry Sen <d...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Issue with deploying Cluster through Ambari Agent behind proxy
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2015 09:45:36 GMT
Hi Konrad,

There are a lot o ways to setup user environment in Linux. Please create new issue at https://issues.apache.org
if you think, there is a bug in ambari agent, also add detailed steps how you setup environmental
variables, ambari and OS versions.

You can not rely on environmental variables, but edit apt.conf configuration file.

echo 'Acquire::http::Proxy "http://<proxy_host>:<proxy_port>/";' >> /etc/apt/apt.conf

?

BR,

Dmytro Sen

?

________________________________
From: Konrad Hübner <konrad.huebner@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, August 21, 2015 10:32 AM
To: Dmitry Sen
Cc: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Re: Issue with deploying Cluster through Ambari Agent behind proxy

Hi,

setting up a proxy on all agents had been done before and did not help. What I finally figured
out was that by manipulating the ambari-sudo.sh script on each agent to export the proxy environment
variables before actually executing the commands helped. I have not gone into further analysis,
but it seems that the script kills the users environment variables, at least those on /etc/environment.
Maybe that is worth a ticket. Will see if I can figure out in more detail what's going wrong.

Best
-Konrad

Hi,

There are 2 options

1. Setup apt to use proxy on all agents (not sure if it works is your local DNS doesn't resolve
public hostnames)

echo 'Acquire::http::Proxy "http://<proxy_host>:<proxy_port>/";' >> /etc/apt/apt.conf

2. Create a local copy of repositories, required for installing Hadoop Stack

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.1.0.0/bk_Installing_HDP_AMB/content/_using_a_local_repository.html