ambari-user mailing list archives

From Greg Hill <greg.h...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject Re: COMMERCIAL:GANGLIA broken in Ambari 2.1?
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2015 22:23:49 GMT
Apparently the gmetad service was running and the hdp-gmetad wrapper service didn't recognize
that and tried to start it again on the same port.  Had to chkconfig gmetad off and service
gmetad stop on the server before handing it off to Ambari.  I'll submit a JIRA tomorrow.

Greg

From: Greg <greg.hill@rackspace.com<mailto:greg.hill@rackspace.com>>
Date: Monday, July 27, 2015 at 3:18 PM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: COMMERCIAL:GANGLIA broken in Ambari 2.1?

In the Centos7 HDP2.3 stack, it attempts to run '/etc/init.d/httpd' which doesn't exist, rather
than using the 'service' shortcut that does still work, even though it forwards to 'systemctl'.
 I injected a script into /etc/init.d/httpd to work around this, but the stack should probably
be fixed.

In the Centos6 HDP2.2 stack, after everything finishes installing Ambari says that Ganglia
Server is down, even though both httpd and gmetad are up and responsive.  You can restart
it fine, and it says it's up for a minute or so, then says it's down.  Processes are still
running, no errors in the logs.  Is this a known issue?  Is there a workaround?

Also, since it now installs the 'ganglia-gmond' package instead of the versioned 'ganglia-gmond-3.5.0',
it gets a conflict with the Centos6 EPEL repo, which has version 3.7 available.  I disabled
the epel repo for now.

I'll try to gather more details and open a JIRA, but just wondered if someone else had run
into this and/or solved it.

Thanks,
Greg