ambari-user mailing list archives

From Greg Hill <greg.h...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject Re: Adding Local Repos to Ambari via REST APIs
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2015 12:03:07 GMT
Just do GET instead of PUT to get the current values.

Greg

From: Pratik Gadiya <pratik_gadiya@persistent.com<mailto:pratik_gadiya@persistent.com>>
Date: Tuesday, July 21, 2015 at 5:22 AM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: COMMERCIAL:Adding Local Repos to Ambari via REST APIs

Hi Team,

I came to know that we have BigInsights integrated with ambari in BI 4.0 version.
So, I manually deployed the cluster via ambari UI and all the services were up and running.
In this, I have used my local repository for the deployment.

Currently, I want to convert this manual steps into automation.
For the same, I was wondering how can I add my local stack repositories via ambari rest apis.

I investigated on this and found some pointers on the url https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Blueprints#Blueprints-Step4:SetupStackRepositories(Optional)
However, I am not getting what should be the value or how to get the names highlighted in
bold as below

PUT /api/v1/stacks/:stack/versions/:stackVersion/operating_systems/:osType/repositories/:repoId

For HDP its something like,
/api/v1/stacks/HDP/versions/2.2/operating_systems/redhat6/repositories/HDP-2.2

Is there any way by which I can get this value via REST API in the BI 4.0 deployed cluster
?

Help Appreciated !!

With Regards,
Pratik Gadiya

DISCLAIMER ========== This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which
is the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual