ambari-user mailing list archives

From Ken Barclay <kbarc...@ancestry.com>
Subject Can't get Ambari Metrics to write to HDP 2.2.4 HBase
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2015 21:27:01 GMT
Hello,

I’m trying to get Ambari 2.0.1 Monitoring running in our 4-node test cluster in a Centos
6 environment. We already have monitoring data coming from OpenTSDB (via Bosun) that we’re
storing in HBase, and I want Ambari to use the existing HBase as its datastore also.

Ambari seems to want to start its own HBase Master, RegionServers, etc, even when I try to
use ‘distributed’ mode.

I’ve put the Metrics Service operation mode to ‘distributed’, changed ams-hbase-site
in Ambari to have the right ZK quorum and hbase.master.info.bindAddress, and made all the
ports the same as for our existing HBase. Went down quite the rabbit hole changing znode.parent
from /hbase to /hbase-unsecure.

On server startup I see the message

15:05:31,160  INFO [main] ZooKeeperRegistry:108 - ClusterId read in ZooKeeper is null

Followed by

12:32:47,282  INFO [main] ConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation:1613 - getMaster attempt
25 of 35 failed; retrying after sleep of 20023, exception=java.io.IOException: Can't get master
address from ZooKeeper; znode data == null

Is this a fixable situation? I heard something about Ambari’s distributed storage being
in ‘technical preview’ but it would be great to get this working.

Thanks
Ken