ambari-user mailing list archives

From William Slacum <wsla...@gmail.com>
Subject Installing on 300+ nodes with Ambari 1.7
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2015 20:25:49 GMT
Hi All,

I'm trying to install a hadoop distro via Ambari 1.7 on ~300 nodes. When it
comes time to install all of the services, things get weird (for lack of a
better term). I've noticed the UI will kind of give up, but if I pdsh out
to the clusters, many are still running yum commands. I'm thinking this has
to do with the yum repo I set up being on only node, and http kind of
topping out. Are there any recommendations regarding setting up the yum
repo based on the size of the cluster?

I've also noticed issues with service installations being flagged as
"warnings" (their status is orange), but there's no corresponding error in
the output from the target host. There is stdout output, but it's something
that seems fine such as "Writing file [...] because contents don't match",
and then it ends there. Is there a good set of heuristics to figure out
what caused the status of the install to be orange?

Thanks,
Bill