ambari-user mailing list archives

From philippe lanckvrind <lanckvrind.phili...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Ambari 2.1 / HDP 2.3 & dfs.http.policy = HTTPS_ONLY issue
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2015 06:25:47 GMT
Dear all,

I've noticed a strange issue with ambari 2.1 when I set the parameter
dfs.hdfs.policy to HTTPS_ONLY.

issue 1:
When the parameter is set, the web-ui popup error codes :
500 status code received on GET method for API:
/api/v1/clusters/HDP_CLUSTER/services/HDFS/components/NAMENODE?fields=metrics/dfs/FSNamesystem/CorruptBlocks,metrics/dfs/FSNamesystem/UnderReplicatedBlocks&format=null_padding

When i continu, short after I can't access the the dashboard anymore or any
other services on it with the related error:
500 status code received on GET method for API:
/api/v1/clusters/HDP_CLUSTER/components/?ServiceComponentInfo/component_name=FLUME_HANDLER|ServiceComponentInfo/component_name=APP_TIMELINE_SERVER|ServiceComponentInfo/category=MASTER&fields=ServiceComponentInfo/service_name,host_components/HostRoles/host_name,host_components/HostRoles/state,host_components/HostRoles/maintenance_state,host_components/HostRoles/stale_configs,host_components/HostRoles/ha_state,host_components/HostRoles/desired_admin_state,host_components/metrics/jvm/memHeapUsedM,host_components/metrics/jvm/HeapMemoryMax,host_components/metrics/jvm/HeapMemoryUsed,host_components/metrics/jvm/memHeapCommittedM,host_components/metrics/mapred/jobtracker/trackers_decommissioned,host_components/metrics/cpu/cpu_wio,host_components/metrics/rpc/RpcQueueTime_avg_time,host_components/metrics/dfs/FSNamesystem/*,host_components/metrics/dfs/namenode/Version,host_components/metrics/dfs/namenode/LiveNodes,host_components/metrics/dfs/namenode/DeadNodes,host_components/metrics/dfs/namenode/DecomNodes,host_components/metrics/dfs/namenode/TotalFiles,host_components/metrics/dfs/namenode/UpgradeFinalized,host_components/metrics/dfs/namenode/Safemode,host_components/metrics/runtime/StartTime,host_components/processes/HostComponentProcess,host_components/metrics/hbase/master/IsActiveMaster,host_components/metrics/hbase/master/MasterStartTime,host_components/metrics/hbase/master/MasterActiveTime,host_components/metrics/hbase/master/AverageLoad,host_components/metrics/master/AssignmentManger/ritCount,metrics/api/v1/cluster/summary,metrics/api/v1/topology/summary,host_components/metrics/yarn/Queue,host_components/metrics/yarn/ClusterMetrics/NumActiveNMs,host_components/metrics/yarn/ClusterMetrics/NumLostNMs,host_components/metrics/yarn/ClusterMetrics/NumUnhealthyNMs,host_components/metrics/yarn/ClusterMetrics/NumRebootedNMs,host_components/metrics/yarn/ClusterMetrics/NumDecommissionedNMs&minimal_response=true

Issue 2 :
before losing the control of Ambari, after setting dfs.hdfs.policy to
HTTPS_ONLY, When I try to start HDFS, I receveive the folowing error:
Connection failed to http://*******:50090 (Execution of 'curl -k
--negotiate -u : -b
/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/tmp/cookies/275cbc46-ffae-4524-bc29-6896c0b565e5
-c
/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/tmp/cookies/275cbc46-ffae-4524-bc29-6896c0b565e5
-w '%{http_code}' http://*******t:50090 --connect-timeout 5 --max-time 7 -o
/dev/null' returned 7. curl: (7) couldn't connect to host
000)

Configuration testing:
Configuration 1

   - Docker v1.7
   - HP 2.3
   - Ambari 2.1 Hortonworks repo
   - centos 6.6

Configuration 2

   - virtual box v 4.3.10
   - HDP 2.3
   - Ambari 2.1 Hortonworks repo
   - Centos 6.6 server

I also noticed tat I can without a problem manually start the hdfs
component with the SSL activated.

In advance, tank you for your feedback