ambari-user mailing list archives

From Ian Soboroff <ian.sobor...@nist.gov>
Subject Re: Ambari 2.1.0 on HDP 2.3 problem deploying HDFS
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2015 20:21:14 GMT
I got frustrated enough that I cleared everything down to a naked Postgres install, and put
everything back step-by-step.  I still get this error.  I repeat, I haven't given any values
to the NameNode directories config, because I don't get an opportunity to do.

Reloading the page or going Back then Next do not solve the problem for me.

Ian

On Jul 31, 2015, at 2:44 PM, Srimanth Gunturi <sgunturi@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Hi Ian,
> I was able to reproduce issue by jumping between other service configs *after* setting
the value to "/home/foo".
> I have opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-12612‚Äč to fix this issue.
>
> The workaround is to either hit Back followed by Next. OR just refresh the page to get
back the original config value.
> Regards,
> Srimanth

am trying to figure out where it is coming from.

> <Screen Shot 2015-07-31 at 10.57.13 AM.png>
>

> What output do you see when you go to following URL in browser?
> http://[ambari-server]:8080/api/v1/clusters/[cluster-name]/configurations?type=hdfs-site
> - Replace [ambari-server] with your Ambari server hostname
> - Replace [cluster-name] with your cluster ID
> - Make sure you are logged in
> Regards,
> Srimanth

you tried it in other browsers?
>> Regards,
>> Srimanth
>>
>> <Screen Shot 2015-07-31 at 10.27.30 AM.png>

deploy, and so far have only installed Zookeeper and Ambari-metrics.

>> When I go to install HDFS, I get to service customization, and it won't let me set
a NameNode directory.  I've attached a screenshot.  When I hover the mouse over the 'NameNode
directories' alert, the mouseover text says "Can't start with home(s)".  At this point there
is no way to proceed with the installation.