ambari-user mailing list archives

From Srimanth Gunturi <sgunt...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Ambari 2.1.0 on HDP 2.3 problem deploying HDFS
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2015 17:35:17 GMT
Hi Ian,

Did you set the value of any of the 'NameNode directories' to begin with /home or /homes?

We show that error when it does - https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/trunk/ambari-web/app/utils/validator.js#L96
(screenshot attached)

What is strange in your case is that it does not show the text area so that you correct it.

Can you detail the exact actions that resulted in this outcome?

Alternatively, do you see any Javascript errors in the Javascript console, and have you tried
it in other browsers?

Regards,

Srimanth

[cid:36236b39-fe9f-4ede-99bc-11175fcf0c32]

________________________________
From: Ian Soboroff <ian.soboroff@nist.gov>
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2015 8:38 AM
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Ambari 2.1.0 on HDP 2.3 problem deploying HDFS

I'm installing HDP 2.3 on a new cluster, and taking it slow.  I'm using Ambari to deploy,
and so far have only installed Zookeeper and Ambari-metrics.

When I go to install HDFS, I get to service customization, and it won't let me set a NameNode
directory.  I've attached a screenshot.  When I hover the mouse over the 'NameNode directories'
alert, the mouseover text says "Can't start with home(s)".  At this point there is no way
to proceed with the installation.

Help!

Ian

[cid:8BE3CF08-5B61-40F2-8619-B509183E9221]