ambari-user mailing list archives

From Siddharth Wagle <swa...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Posting Metrics to Ambari
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2015 02:50:17 GMT
For Step1, when you say exposing metrics through the Ambari REST API... are you talking about
the metrics collector REST API, or through the Ambari Server REST API?

Answer: Ambari REST API: Note that this is intended use because this is what ties the metrics
to you your cluster resources, example: You can query for say give me metrics for the active
Namenode only using Ambari's API.

Is SERVER_TIME the field that has to fall between startTime and endTime?

Yes. That is correct

There is nothing special about the query  you seem to have the fragments right, only this
is you are query for a large time window, AMS would not return data from METRIC_RECORD table
for a such a large time window it would try to find this in the aggregate table, METRIC_RECORD_MINUTE
or HOURLY. Try reducing you time range, also check the aggregate tables, the data should still
be present in those tables.

Precision params:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Metrics+Collector+API+Specification

-Sid