ambari-user mailing list archives

From Siddharth Wagle <swa...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Posting Metrics to Ambari
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2015 21:44:42 GMT
Hi Bryan,

Few things you can do:

1. Turn on DEBUG mode by changing log4j.properties at, /etc/ambari-metrics-collector/conf/

This might reveal more info, I don't think we print every metrics received to the log in 2.0
or 2.1, I did add this option if TRACE is enabled to trunk recently.

2. Connect using Phoenix directly and you can do a SELECT query like this:

SELECT * from METRIC_RECORD WHERE METRIC_NAME = '<your-metric-name>' order by SERVER_TIME
desc limit 10;

Instructions for connecting to Phoenix:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Phoenix+Schema

3. What API call are you making to get metrics?

-Sid