ambari-user mailing list archives

From Siddharth Wagle <swa...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Questions for AMBARI-5707
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2015 16:21:37 GMT
Hi Lixiantao,

Metrics System deploys its own HBase (Master, RS, ZK based on the mode: embedded / distributed)
where it store the metrics.

The OpenTSDB integration is supposed to be a Sink out of the Metrics System to the user deployed
OpenTSDB if one exists. This is not currently implemented. AMBARI-10145, is filed as a future
task as of now.

 Note: OpenTSDB is not required for Metrics System deployment.

Important links:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Metrics

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Enhanced+Service+Dashboard

-Sid

________________________________
From: Lixiantao <lixiantao@huawei.com>
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2015 12:37 AM
To: Siddharth Wagle
Subject: Questions for AMBARI-5707

Hi,
I have seen Revised archtecture diagram.pnd , want to know how to deploy the OpenTSDB ?it
is deployed specilally for Metrcs System or the same one as bussiness OpenTSDB and HBase ?
And if it is special OpentTSDB app ( including  HBASE ,HDFS, ZK and so on) for Metrics System,
how should we monitor this special cluster ? HA?
If it is the same one as business OpenTSDB ,then the metric data and bussiness data will be
put together?And how to decide what metrics should be stored into the OpenTSDB system?
Could you please give me some doc to explain my puzzle?
Wait for your reply.

                                                                                       Lixiantao