ambari-user mailing list archives

From Olivier Renault <orena...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Amabri - with custom java - version
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2015 19:11:32 GMT
Alternatively, you can use the –j flag during the ambari-server setup step. It will setup
the ambari.properties correctly. You will need to ensure that all hosts do have the same java
path. If you plan on using kerberos, you wiil need to also deploy the JCE files.

ambari-server setup –j /path/to/java/home

Thanks,
Olivier

From: Jayesh Thakrar
Date: Thursday, 9 July 2015 19:27
To: Ambari User
Subject: Re: Amabri - with custom java - version

Although not supported with Ambari 2.0, we are using it today.
To do so, during Ambari server s/w install specify custom Java and give its path.
Note that Java should be at the same location on all servers.

Once you do that, the /etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari.properties properties file will have
that path for the property "java.home".
E.g. here's ours -

java.home=/dotomi/java/jdk
java.releases=jdk1.7,jdk1.6
jdk1.6.desc=Oracle JDK 1.6
jdk1.6.dest-file=jdk-6u31-linux-x64.bin
jdk1.6.home=/usr/jdk64/
jdk1.6.jcpol-file=jce_policy-6.zip
jdk1.6.jcpol-url=http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/ARTIFACTS/jce_policy-6.zip
jdk1.6.re=Creating (jdk.*)/jre
jdk1.6.url=http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/ARTIFACTS/jdk-6u31-linux-x64.bin
jdk1.7.desc=Oracle JDK 1.7
jdk1.7.dest-file=jdk-7u67-linux-x64.tar.gz
jdk1.7.home=/usr/jdk64/
jdk1.7.jcpol-file=UnlimitedJCEPolicyJDK7.zip
jdk1.7.jcpol-url=http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/ARTIFACTS/UnlimitedJCEPolicyJDK7.zip
jdk1.7.re=(jdk.*)/jre
jdk1.7.url=http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/ARTIFACTS/jdk-7u67-linux-x64.tar.gz