ambari-user mailing list archives

From Olivier Renault <orena...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Launching Kerberized cluster via Blueprint
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2015 13:28:41 GMT
Unfortunately, it's a two step process atm. Install via blueprint and then API call for kerberos.

IIRC, it's on the roadmap.

Olivier Renault

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 4:52 AM -0700, "Loïc Chanel" <loic.chanel@telecomnancy.net<mailto:loic.chanel@telecomnancy.net>>
wrote:

Hi all,

As I was trying to deploy a fully secured cluster with Knox, Ranger and Ke beros, I had the
feeling that it is not possible to instantiate a cluster asking it to generate the principal
and keytabs linked to each of its services.

Is there a way to deploy both of the cluster services and the corresponding principals and
keytabs via blueprint, just like if I deployed my cluster and I was asking Ambari to enable
Kerberos with MIT KDC ?

Thanks,

Loïc

Loïc CHANEL
Engineering student at TELECOM Nancy
Trainee at Worldline - Villeurbanne (France - 69)