ambari-user mailing list archives

From Yusaku Sako <yus...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Ambari data corruption/recovery process
Date Sat, 27 Jun 2015 00:52:58 GMT
Yes, if you are talking about corruption, then you would need snapshots to go back to.
Recovery would be simpler if the Ambari Server hostname does not change (IP address changes
should not matter).

One more step that I forgot to mention...  you would need to delete /var/lib/ambari-agent/keys/*
from each agent before restarting it.

Yusaku

From: Clark Breyman <clark@breyman.com<mailto:clark@breyman.com>>
Date: Friday, June 26, 2015 5:22 PM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Ambari data corruption/recovery process

Thanks Yusaku for the quick response.

For our production systems, we're planning on using Postgres replication to ensure backups,
though that doesn't defend against data corruption. Perhaps snapshots will be required.
Is there any documentation on restoring to a newly provisioned host? Is there any reason to
use an DNS A record instead of a CNAME alias to simplify the recovery process?

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 5:14 PM, Yusaku Sako <yusaku@hortonworks.com<mailto:yusaku@hortonworks.com>>