ambari-user mailing list archives

From Tim To <...@phemi.com>
Subject Re: custom services / status
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2015 00:24:19 GMT
Hi Donald,
If you are setting up a custom service then it depends on what service you
are setting up and whether that process/app already creates the pid file
for you. If not, the following shell command after launching a process will
put the pid in a file of your choosing:

jobs -p | tail -1 > "fully qualified file name containing the pid"

you can then give this filename to the     check_process_status() method
inside your python service script for ambari to check up on the process.
All that Ambari will do inside  check_process_status() is do a kill 0 on
the pid periodically to check if it is running - pretty straightforward.

Hope that helps,
Tim

--
*Tim To*