ambari-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Cutler <cutl...@gmail.com>
Subject mysql server on RHEL7
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2015 18:31:49 GMT
Hello,

I noticed that RHEL7 support was added in trunk with AMBARI-10347
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-10347> but after
building/installing from the latest code on RHEL7, I run into issues with
starting MySQL in Hive.  It seems that mysql was replaced by mariadb in
RHEL7, so when Yum tries to install package "mysql" it actually installs
mariadb, and packages "mysql-server" and "mysql-client" are not found in
the default repositories.

I also tried manually installing the remaining mariadb packages, but it
still seems it's missing support to start with the command "service mysqld
start"

Has anyone else encountered this issue?  Are there any plans to resolve
this for Ambari 2.1?

Thanks,
Bryan