ambari-user mailing list archives

From "Alex.mclintock" <alex.mclint...@gmail.com>
Subject New groups for HDFS user? And scope of that user?
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2015 09:19:19 GMT
I am running three kerberized Hadoop clusters and am moving from Ambari 1.7 to 2.0.1
(Actually Hortonworks HDP 2.2.0 to 2.2.6 on RHEL6)

I have two main questions around how Ambari controls certain users -in particular hdfs and
Ambari-qa

Firstly, how do I add the hdfs user to new groups? I want to use to a java debugging tool
and want the process running datanodes to be able to write to certain directories. If I add
the groups manually then I think Ambari overwrites them later on.

Secondly. The hdfs user is defined as headless, or site wide. Does this mean that it is supposed
to be shared among multiple clusters on the same site? But I have one Ambari instance per
cluster, and they all seem to think they own the Hdfs user. This probably does not matter
to most people until you realise that when kerberized Ambari controls its keytab and thus
its ability to authenticate with the KDC. ONe Ambari instance might invalidate the hdfs user
in another

Alex

Sent from my iPad