ambari-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Jackson <jackson.christopher....@gmail.com>
Subject Client components install order.
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2015 03:03:06 GMT
Hi all,

Is it possible to ensure clients are installed in a certain order? I have written a custom
service with a CLIENT component which lists HDFS_CLIENT and HBASE_CLIENT as dependencies (scope:
host). As part of my client install I add some libraries to HDFS and HBASE so I need for those
clients to be installed before my client. I would think listing them as a dependency would
achieve this, but it does not in Ambari 2.0.0.

How is client install order determined? How can I ensure my custom client is installed after
a particular client?

Regards,

Christopher Jackson