ambari-user mailing list archives

From Sumit Mohanty <smoha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade process for custom services?
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2015 23:44:15 GMT

do not have valid default
* Restart other services if they need to react to the new service or the new config

-Sumit

From: Christopher Jackson <jackson.christopher.lee@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, June 01, 2015 3:44 PM
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Upgrade process for custom services?

Hello all,

What did you guys have in mind (if anything) for being able to upgrade a custom service? Let’s
say a cluster has my custom service installed and I release a new version by distributing
an updated service definition and update the RPMs needed by my service. Is there an upgrade
mechanism for an individual service in Ambari? I tried simply removing the service from Ambari
by using the Ambari API and then attempted to install the updated service. But it skips over
installing the RPM because it knows its already installed (even though its a different version).
I don’t want to remove the old version first then install the new version as there are some
things I would like to migrate from the old to new install.

Perhaps I’m not hosting my local RPM repository correctly? Or something else I’m missing?
Any guidance would be appreciated.

Regards,

Christopher Jackson