ambari-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Sposetti <j...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: NFS service via Ambari
Date Fri, 29 May 2015 13:03:03 GMT
Hi, You can install + manage the NFS gateway outside of Ambari. These instructions are newer...

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.1.10/bk_user-guide/content/user-guide-hdfs-nfs.html

For reference, checkout this Epic JIRA about install + manage NFS gateway from Ambari...

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-9224

From: Joshi Omkar <omkar.joshi@scania.com<mailto:omkar.joshi@scania.com>>
Date: Friday, May 29, 2015 at 8:22 AM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: NFS service via Ambari

Hi,

I have a HDP-2.2.4.2-2 9 node cluster running.

There are multiple users who want to upload their files from their Windows/Linux desktops
onto HDFS either via tools like WinSCP etc. or map the HDFS as a network drive.

I think 'HDFS NFS Gateway' is the way to go but I couldn't find a way to do it via Ambari(I
have done an automated installation of HDP via Ambari).
I came across this Hortonworks doc. link<http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP1/HDP-1.3.9/bk_user-guide/content/user-guide-hdfs-nfs.html>
 for starting NFS service but shall I proceed with it these manual changes on a node or can
I achieve it via Ambari ?

Regards,
Omkar Joshi