ambari-user mailing list archives

From Yusaku Sako <>
Subject Re: Ambari 2.0 - Namenode Moved - ConnectionRefused Error
Date Tue, 19 May 2015 04:22:18 GMT
Hi Daniel,

You might need to run Hive Metatool to update the pointer to the new NameNode:

hive --service metatool -listFSRoot <- shows the current pointer to NN
hive --service metatool -updateLocation <new-loc> <old-loc>  <- updates the
pointer to NN

I hope this helps.

From: Daniel Klinger <<>>
Date: Monday, May 18, 2015 1:10 AM
To: "<>" <<>>
Subject: Ambari 2.0 - Namenode Moved - ConnectionRefused Error

Hi all,

ich moved my Namenode to a new Node with Ambari 2.0. The moving itselve worked fine but now
I'm getting a ConnectionRefused-Error an HBase and Hive (if i run a HiveQuery).

Error occurred executing hive query: Error while compiling statement: FAILED: SemanticException
MetaException( Call >From node0.test.local/
to node1.test.local:8020 failed on connection exception: Connection
refused; For more details see:

Node1 is my old Namenode. Somewehre there is still node1 as Namnode listed. But i cant find
it. I searched all Config-xml-files there is no entry regarding node1. Where is the mistake?

View raw message