ambari-user mailing list archives

From Yusaku Sako <>
Subject Re: Move History Server
Date Tue, 19 May 2015 03:39:23 GMT
Cool, I'm glad you were able to make it work, and thanks for the detailed steps.

From: João Alves <<>>
Date: Monday, May 18, 2015 3:43 AM
To: "<>" <<>>
Subject: Re: Move History Server

Hey Yusaku,

Thank you for your answer. With your help I was able to move it. I will just add here some
modifications to your instructions so it can help others.

4 - This command did not work for me but the following did:
curl -i -u USER:PASS -H 'X-Requested-By: ambari' -X POST -d'{"HostRoles":{"component_name":"HISTORYSERVER"}}'

5 - I also needed to update some configs on the MapReduce2 service in Ambari. The configs
were the following: mapreduce.jobhistory.address and mapreduce.jobhistory.webapp.address

Best Regards,
João Alves

On 15 May 2015, at 01:22, Yusaku Sako <<>>

Unfortunately, History Server cannot be moved from the UI at the moment.
However you can do the following:

1. Take a backup of your Ambari database
2. Stop History Server from the UI and wait until it is stopped.
3. Delete History Server from the source host via the API:
curl -i -u admin:admin -H 'X-Requested-By: ambari' -X DELETE
4. Add History Server to the target host via the API:
curl -i -u admin:admin -H 'X-Requested-By: ambari' -X POST -d
'{"host_components" : [{"HostRoles":{"component_name":"HISTORYSERVER"}}]

5. Go to the UI to install and start History Server.

I hope this helps.