ambari-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Sposetti <j...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Ambari View HBase Client
Date Fri, 15 May 2015 22:38:42 GMT
I wonder if you are hitting this issue?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-10748

From: "John.Bork" <John.Bork@target.com<mailto:John.Bork@target.com>>
Date: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 6:30 PM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: Ambari View HBase Client

Hi,

I am currently working on an Ambari View that will scan an HBase table on a Hadoop cluster.
I am having difficulties initializing the connection to HBase because the HBaseConfiguration
is failing to load the "hbase-default.xml" as a resource with the ClassLoader from within
the Ambari View Resource Class I implemented. It attempts to do so on this line of the HBaseConfiguration
class, version hbase-common-0.98.4.2.2.4.2-2-hadoop2:

Line 102: conf.addResource("hbase-default.xml");

Which gets loaded in the Configuration class on this line:

Line 2218: return classLoader.getResource(name);

Where classLoader is defined:

Line 660: classLoader = Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader();
Or
Line 662: classLoader = Configuration.class.getClassLoader();

I tried adding hbase-default.xml under the resources folder for the Ambari View project, but
it did not find it there.

Is there a specific location where I can put hbase-default.xml so that it will be discovered
by the classloader of the Ambari View?

How does the fact that the Ambari View runs in a servlet container influence where the ClassLoader
checks?

-John Bork