ambari-user mailing list archives

From Yusaku Sako <yus...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Move History Server
Date Fri, 15 May 2015 00:22:42 GMT
Hi,

Unfortunately, History Server cannot be moved from the UI at the moment.
However you can do the following:

1. Take a backup of your Ambari database
2. Stop History Server from the UI and wait until it is stopped.
3. Delete History Server from the source host via the API:
curl -i -u admin:admin -H 'X-Requested-By: ambari' -X DELETE
http://AMBARI_SERVER_HOST:8080/api/v1/clusters/CLUSTERNAME/hosts/HOSTNAME/h
ost_components/HISTORYSERVER
4. Add History Server to the target host via the API:
curl -i -u admin:admin -H 'X-Requested-By: ambari' -X POST -d
'{"host_components" : [{"HostRoles":{"component_name":"HISTORYSERVER"}}]
}'
http://AMBARI_SERVER_HOST:8080/api/v1/clusters/CLUSTER_NAME/hosts/TARGET_HO
STNAME

5. Go to the UI to install and start History Server.

I hope this helps.
Yusaku